Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Body Shop Matte It Face Primer


Price Paid: $12.60 (on sale, regularly $14)

Rating: 3 stars



Ok, this isn't really drug store but it is available at the mall or online, and it's under both the $15 for face and $20 for skin product price.

Why did I pick this? Well, it's new, it was on sale (how can I possibly resist that) and I have serious oil problems so I figured things can't get worse.

Well, it's a clear silicon-based gel that feels more like a powder than a gel. It sinks into the skin and it doesn't feel greasy or slimy like most silicon-based primers. It's supposed to be worn under your foundation and keep your face from becoming shiny.

That's what it's supposed to do. What it actually does? I've worn this every day for almost a week, and while my foundation (whether it be my regular Ulta oil-control or my Physician's Formula mineral powder) looks amazing, it doesn't really last any longer than normal.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous face primer that does NOT make me break out like all the others (sadly, including Sally Hansen's). However, as for it's claim that it is mattifying, I don't really see it. I will still wear it on most days, but it's price is still a bit steep for just being a primer for the size you get. Don't expect much if you usually get really shiny or oily by time lunch comes around.

No comments:

My Blogger Panel