Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara


Price I paid: $11.99

Rating: 4 stars (minor flaw: price)


Ok, so I have trouble with mascara as well as eyeliner, and it's the same reason I don't wear contacts, I have an irrational fear of having anything near my eyes. So I rush through the liner and mascara hoping for the best, but usually getting the worst.


I found help at last! Yes, it has the rather unsettling side effect of tickling (who knew I had ticklish eyelashes?) but you get over it, quickly! My eye lashes not only got longer, but started to curl. I looked like a pro did my eyes, and it took me half the time. It was a darkest black, and didn't clump.

Another strange aspect of it was that the formula seemed rather watery, at least on the plastic bristle applicator. I was sure it was going to be messy or ineffective, but I was happy to be wrong, so don't judge this by first looks, you have to try it on for a day. And it stayed on without running and came off just fine with my eye makeup remover, even though it stayed on during my shower. WOW!

I am in love, and I have yet to find anything terribly wrong, except perhaps the price. At $11.99 it is a but above the price limit, so if you get it on sale, don't hesitate. If you want to splurge (like I did) it's worth it. Hopefully it comes down in price though.

No comments:

My Blogger Panel