Saturday, September 12, 2009

E.L.F. Lip Primer & Plumper

Price: $3.00

Rating: 4 stars

Ok, the price is fantastic, especially for what it does, I'll review the 2 ends separately.

First, the primer end. It is pretty much a soft, moisturizing concealer for the lips. If you have any sort of a soft concealer, I'd use it, but seeing as how you pay $3 for 2 products, it's probably hard to get one cheaper than this. It works great, however, I either cover my whole lip in a thin layer of lip liner as a colored base/concealer or I use a lip stain, so I really only use it in a pinch when I'm out & about. This end gets about 3 stars just because it's not a very practical product, and I've used it twice, one as a concealer on my face.

The other end is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It is a solid lip balm-ish plumper. It's smell and tingle reminds me a LOT of a certain plumper that started the whole craze, and the spicy cinnamon taste is amazing. It works very quickly and a little goes a long way. I didn't realize this the first time so I had a bit of a burning feel. I recommend putting on a very light swipe, waiting the 15-20 seconds it takes to kick in, and add more as it's comfortable.

You can use this over or under lip stick or gloss. A lot of days when I'm busy I'll wear it alone above a lip stain, or under a lip gloss. Worn over a matte lipstick it'll give a light shine like a solid gloss would, or you can wear it under which will help your lipstick wear longer, hence why I don't really use the other end. I give this side 4 stars, and at this price, I've bought it over & over again!

The only way to make this product better would be to take out the primer and replace it with a plumping gloss, or a clear liner, or a plain clear gloss. I'd love it if they put even more product in it, but for $3, I am far from complaining!

No comments:

My Blogger Panel