Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Milani Lip Mixer Color Shine And Shimmer Lipgloss


Price Paid: $5.99

Rating: 3 stars

Ok, this product is sort of a good news - bad news type product.

Good news? The color looks absolutely amazing. It has a lip color (the bottom one is the darker-toned liquid lipstick), a lip gloss (the middle one is the medium-toned sparkling lip gloss) and a lip shimmer (the top one is a lighter-tones sheer pearly shimmer) and when you pull out the want, it mixes all 3 together on your lips.

The color payoff is amazing, it was so pretty, and they have enough shades to work with anyone's skin tones & tastes. I got it in Lip Party and I wear it often. It looks 3-dimensional and it's glitzy enough for a 20-something but not overly so that a 30-something or older can still wear it. It's sheer but not too sheer, so you don't need a lot.

Ok, bad news is it's a but sticky and smells like fruit punch. And it stayed sticky, I did notice that I was wearing it, and ended up wiping it off after an hour or so every time I've worn it. Not to mention every time you use it, the layers get mixed up, so now that mine is half gone it no longer has the 3 layers.

Overall? If your a teeny bopper who's willing to put up with the thick,s ticky texture for an amazingly good looking and cheap gloss, this is for you. For us grown-ups who'd rather wait and shop around for something better (even if it means our lips will ahve to forego the perfectly pretty colored product), then pass on it.I bought one, I was glad I bought it, I wear it occasionally, but I'm glad I didn't buy 2. However, if it were ever on sale (like half off) I would get one in a neutral tone, sicne I already have the nice pink one.

No comments:

My Blogger Panel