Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Maybelline Colorsational Lipstick


Price I Paid: $8.99 (buy one get one free)

Rating: 4 stars


Ok, I am usually not very pleased with Maybelline. With a few notable exceptions, I find most of their line to be full of promise, but they never really live up. I gave up after they reformulated their eye shadows a few years back and they lost all the creamy soft texture and are now hard, with no real color.

I, however, found their new line of lipsticks on sale and I thought why not? It was a two-for sale so the price per item was well below the limit.

Honey, I should've bought more than two! Ok, so here's the minor flaw, they're not long-wearing. They looked great for several hours, but they won't last through lunch, but that's ok. They went on creamy, they had GREAT color payoff and weren't drying, in fact my lips felt much better. They did feel a bit more on the heavy side like a long-wearing lipstick would, but not so heavy that they felt sticky, just more like a lip balm than a lipstick.

I got these in Bit of Berry, a plummy rose color (my fave so far) and Blushing Brunette, as close to a rosey brown that will look good on me (I cannot wear warm colors). I plan to go back and buy more, even if they are at fullprice. I have fallen in love with lipsticks all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would you please swatch bit of berry? I was told that it's a hot pink. I am looking for the hot pink that Emily DiDonato wore in the Maybelline commercial for Color Sensational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRE1HqCH07E

thank you so much! I'd really appreciate it.

My Blogger Panel